[README] [FEATURES] [INSTRUCTIONS] [NOTES] [NEW] [DISCLAIMER]
<New Version Avialable!>
Increase Skill Experience Slide the experience bars for melee, ranged, nature, and combat to gain experience in those skills. Strength, dexterity, and intelligence will gain experience accordingly.
The Ultimate Power-Leveler allows you to increase a hero's skills legitimately without having to endure long monster-bashing sessions. It will not let you hack your skills or stats directly (that is actually much easier to do yourself). You manipulate the skill-sliders to simulate gaining experience (only it's much faster than playing the game).
DSUPL.exe runs out of the folder you copied it to. It stores DSUPL.ini in the same folder. No registry entries are made.
This program is freeware. It is fully functional and will never time-out, but there is no support or promise of future updates.
This program may be freely distributed so long as it is not modified in any way. Ultimate Power-Leveler may not be sold by any parties other than Redscull Interactive. This program may not be included on any form of Shareware bundle unless the retail cost of this package is no more than the cost of the media. Simply put, this program may not be included in any bundle which is sold for profit.
This program is made by Jonathan Kirkland. Any questions may be directed to Lordred@Redscull.com. Also, see my web page at www.redscull.com.
Rename Hero Easily rename your hero.
Change Player Model Select from the standard models (farmboy, farmgirl, dwarf, skeleton).
Change Portrait You can pick a new portait (the image shown in the top-left corner of the game while playing) for your hero. Portraits are bitmap files sized 64x64, but only the topmost 46 and leftmost 38 pixels are shown.
Edit Gold Change how much gold your hero carries. This tool allows you to set a value up to 999,999,999. Be warned that after the hero's first in-game transaction, gold in excess of max capacity will fall to the ground.
Reset Hero This feature allows you to reset all your hero's skills and stats, ie start over. This is not recommended unless you really want to re-level your hero differently.
Create New Heros You don't have to open a previsouly saved hero to begin power-leveling. Create a new hero from within the tool.
This tool was designed to work only with multiplayer heros. Do not try to open the contents of a singleplayer savegame.
- Extract your hero's savegame file into a new folder using a tank extraction tool such as TankViewer (www.game-editing.net).
- From within the Ultimate Power-Leveler tool, select File|Open and choose the hero's folder.
- Commence power-leveling!
- When you are finished with your changes, select File|Save. This saves your changes (currently all in memory) to the disk in the specified folder.
- To use your modified hero in the game, select File|Export to send your hero to your savegame directory. D.S. Ultimate Power-Leveler needs RapidTankCreator (www.game-editing.net) to perform this operation. It will prompt you for its location.
A hero's items and equipment are not affected by editing the hero in this tool. Only the editable data is written back to the files.
This is not a character hacking tool. You cannot use this tool to build an illegitimate hero. Any hero you create with this tool could have been made by playing the game. Of course that takes a lot longer!
If the hero uses a model other than the default choices, it will remain intact (assuming you don't change the model) when you save. If you do change the model, you will have no way to reselect the custom model (except for reloading the hero from disk).
If you screw up the ini file (which can affect some functions in the tool such as default model skins), just delete it. The next time the tool runs, it will create it with all the default data.
When you export your hero, it will automatically try to save first. The hero must successfully save before it can be exported.
One day I hope to integrate the tank extraction/creation steps into this tool. I'm thinking that will happen once the Siege Editor is released.
This tool was programmed to work with Dungeon Siege 1.0 (initial release). Experience formulas, model names, default skins, etc. are not loaded dynamically from the game's tank files. Thus this tool may not work correctly with new versions of the game.
You are at your own risk. Jonathan Kirkland can not be held liable for anything that happens to your computer or your files. You should always backup your savegame files before edtiting them with any tool.
- This update was made primarily to help users with paths that are invalid parameters to RTC.exe. If you are exporting without difficulty in 1.1, there is no real reason to get this version.
- DSUPL now verifies that the tank file was properly exported. If it wasn't, it will prompt the user for custom path parameters to send to RTC.exe. The tank creator does not appear able to accept network paths. Try mapping your network path to a local drive letter.
- Now all decimal numbers written to gas files will use a dot and not a comma. Apparently Dungeon Siege does not localize, and people with computers set to use a comma as a decimal separator were having problems because DSUPL was writing numers using commas (as it should I must point out). If your localization settings use dots, this change will not effect you.
- Moved the recent heros listing to their own top-level menu option so they're easier to select (and have accelerator keys).
- When the tool starts up, recent heros who's folders were deleted are now removed from the recent heros list.
- No changes were made to the way skills/stats/experience are calculated.
- previous version's help
Let me know, please, at Lordred@Redscull.com.
No promises that they'll be implemented (or even considered if time is scarce), but you're welcome to send them.